It is important to note that a tenant wants to be wowed when they look at a unit for rent. A clean, comfortable home is on everyone’s wish list, and it is easy to prepare a rental property to show off its assets and get it rented out quicker. Consider the fact that a staged home will garner a higher rent and will stand out in a sea of properties. Your My Dwelling representative will help you stage your home for the ultimate winter property.
Let’s start with the outside.
- Always make sure to keep your driveway, pathways, patios, decks and steps free from snow or ice. Not only is this a hazard for your potential renter, but it will look clean and inviting with clean walkways.
- Add a winter wreath to your doorway, or sparkling white lights to your bushes or fence. These small holiday touches will give your house a homey, welcoming feel.
- Add outdoor lights on timers to help potential renters see the home and help them see where they are going.
- Make sure to add a welcome mat to your front door. This will not only add a touch of warmth but also will help keep renters from tracking in snow and dirt from the outside!
Moving onto the inside.
- Make sure your heat is turned up to a comfortable temperature for your guests.
- If you have a fireplace, light it! Take the time to talk to your My Dwelling representative to make sure they will be in the house while it is lit.
- If you have a non-working fireplace, add fake or real logs to add ambiance. Or get creative with candles, greenery or holiday decorations!
- Cozy it up with throws on the backs of your couches, fluffy blankets and quilts on the beds.
- Keep curtains open and lights on. Your house will show better without the shadows or fumbling to find the light switches.
- Want to make it not only look festive but smell festive? Simmer a few cinnamon sticks, oranges and cloves over the stovetop prior to your open house or showing.
- Clean your windows inside and out. They should sparkle and shine!
- Decorate for the holidays without going overboard. A few elegant items will uplift your décor, not overpower it.
Staging your home during the winter months is so important! Creating a space that your potential renters can see themselves living in is imperative for your home to be rented out. For any questions or suggestions about your own home, ask your My Dwelling representative!